Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
docndw

Default Can Excel be used for an electronic medical record?

I have been using Word and Excel for an inexpensive EMR but was wondering if
there is a way to do it all in Excel. I have been keeping info that needed
to updated regularly in Excel (past medical hisotry, vitals, medication
lists) and then just using Word for a chronological record including progress
notes and documentation of refills, phone and mail contact. Is there a way
to do this all in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Sure you can.........you can easily enter text into Excel, it's just not as
sophisticated a word processor as is Word, but just for record-keeping it
should work fine. You can also enter data and make graphs. You can also
scan EKG's and other test results and put the .jpg's in Excel as well. And,
if you find that you just "must" use word for some things, you can always
link to them from Excel.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3