Myrna Larson

Default Tab within a cell

Doing that I would navigate to the next Excel workbook.

No, you don't when you are in Edit mode. But the character ISN'T inserted into
the cell, either.
Myrna Larson

PS: You can get the tab character into a cell with a formula

="ABC"&CHAR(9)&"DEF"

What you see is a square box in the 4th position. It doesn't behave like a
tab.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:55:11 +0530, "Hari Prasadh"
wrote:

Hi Budgie,

Doing that I would navigate to the next Excel workbook.

Dave Peterson

But that is an excellent way to get the tab character in a cell in an MSWord
Table.

(I bet that was what you were thinking.)

budgie wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:44:40 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

I don't believe that you can, directly or via VBA.

To enter a TAB within an Excel cell, press Ctrl-Tab

(if that was the question)

--

Dave Peterson

budgie

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:01:46 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

But that is an excellent way to get the tab character in a cell in an MSWord
Table.

(I bet that was what you were thinking.)

Yup, that's what late nights do for concentration :-(
Hari Prasadh

Hi Myrna,

No, you don't when you are in Edit mode. But the character ISN'T inserted
into
the cell, either.

Wasnt concentrating. Thnx to budgie Budgie/Dave for introducing me to a word
feature (slowly learning word as well with help from NG's)

It doesn't behave like a tab.

Not able to understand/appreciate why you provided this formula. I checked
out the - character set(0-127) -- in help (Im wondering why does this
character set appear in the help file of VBA excel but not the help file of
Excel. Is this the same with the others? If yes why this demarcation? ) and
there it lists 2 Star's against the character 9. If this 9 doesnt behave
like a tab what does it do. I copied the results of this formula as it is to
MS word to check whether in other applications it might show/display the tab
behaviour. But in Word, there is only a single space between"abc" and "def"
(the square doesnt get displayed). Also if the help file says 2 star's why
is it displaying a sq. bracket. On the other hand if I replace 9 with any
number 1 through 8 it displays a sq. bracket for all cases. Funny thing is
for 1 through 8 case if i copy the result to Word then there it shows the
square bracket also.
--
Thanks a lot,
Hari

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
PS: You can get the tab character into a cell with a formula

="ABC"&CHAR(9)&"DEF"

What you see is a square box in the 4th position. It doesn't behave like a
tab.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:55:11 +0530, "Hari Prasadh"

wrote:

Hi Budgie,

Doing that I would navigate to the next Excel workbook.