Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rathika

Default 'circular reference'

what are the uses in 'circular reference' and tell me in what situation I can
use that please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ewan7279

Circular references are caused when the result of a calculation is includedin
the calculation itself. An example would be if A5 contained the formula
=sum(A1:A4), but A2 contained the formula =A5.

Circular references are usually accidental errors, but there are some uses
in engineering calculations I believe.

"Rathika" wrote:

what are the uses in 'circular reference' and tell me in what situation I can
use that please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

I expect you would be more interested in how to identify where they are
-- look at the statusbar for the cell number
-- advance through the worksheet tabs until you see the circular reference with a cell number.

But you asked how you could use -- keep in mind that very few users would
even want to use them -- was going to point you to Stephen Bullen's site
but looks like it is in his books. You would have to search Google Groups
for some of his postings. --- author:stephen.bullen circular.reference

---
HTH,