Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mbachurski

Default Yet another Look up thread...

I receive a weekly Stock Level Report(SLR) at my workplace. This report
has data from 7 different warehouses and the rows (and once a month the
columns) move around constantly.

I created a Date Code report, in which the user enters a SKU and it
looks up what the product is, how long its good for, how many
cases/pallet, etc. I'm trying to link each SKU on my data list to the
Stock level report, to show Weekly sales, and total units.

The original plan was to do a simple look up, which worked perfectly...
until I got a new SLR, and none of the weekly sales matched up. I have
limited knowledge of Excel, and programming in general.

Does anyone have any sugestions?

--
mbachurski
mbachurski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bob777

If more than one row in your spreadsheet can have information on a
particular product, I think you would be better using sumproduct.

If you can be more specific, You will get lots of help.

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mbachurski

On the User entry sheet, the user will enter one of the Sku's listed in
Column 'A' below, and VLOOKUP provides them with the data from columns
B through G. (Each warehouse has a separate User entry and Data
Sheet).

[image:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...codeData4.jpg]

Columns F and G are linked to a constant value in the Weekly SLR I
receive (part of which is shown below).

So for example, on my Warehouse #1 Data sheet (above), F62, and G62 are
linked to K2 and L2 on the sheet below. But as I said in my previous
post, the locations change.

[image:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ecodeSLR2.jpg]

So basically I need a way for excel to do a few things. If for example
the SKU entered by the user is 4400124, I need it to find that number
in column 'B' of my Stock Level Report, and if the Warehouse is
Warehouse #1, take the value from Column K and L, and show it in Column
F and G of the Data Sheet for the particular warehouse.

Hope that makes sense. TIA

-M

--
mbachurski
mbachurski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30812
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mbachurski

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?