Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BDP

Default Add # of months and get result last day of # months.

For aircraft maintenance that is due on the last day of a month, 24 months
from a given date... how can I do it? The FAA requires certain items be
inspected/overhauled, etc. a certain number of months after installation and
that means we get to go to the end of the month but I don't know how to take
a date,m add the number of months and get a date that is the last day of the
resulting month. Any help??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:38:02 -0800, BDP wrote:

For aircraft maintenance that is due on the last day of a month, 24 months
from a given date... how can I do it? The FAA requires certain items be
inspected/overhauled, etc. a certain number of months after installation and
that means we get to go to the end of the month but I don't know how to take
a date,m add the number of months and get a date that is the last day of the
resulting month. Any help??

=EOMONTH(start_date,months)

EOMONTH

Returns the serial number for the last day of the month that is the indicated
number of months before or after start_date. Use EOMONTH to calculate maturity
dates or due dates that fall on the last day of the month.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

Syntax

=EOMONTH(start_date,months)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

With the start date in A1

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+25,0)

format result as date (formatcellsnumberdate)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon