Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Timmy Mac1

Default Macro Formula For Summing Range

I need a macro that will sum the cells immediately above at various
places on the worksheet.

Sometimes this might involve summing two cells, sometimes twenty. But
the groups of cells run under each other so that for example in A3 I
might need sum(A1,A2) whereas then in A10 I'll need the sum (A4.A7).

Is there anyway of doing this?

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KimC

This one stumped me, too until i realized that I could use the SUBTOTAL
function instead of SUM in my formula. It has the added benefit of
automatically outlining my data so that when collapsed, I could autofill my
formula down to only the subtotaled rows