Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathie

Default formatting on a pivot report refresh

How do I retain or change the default column setting to retain my formatting
on refresh? I did change the options on the pivot to retain formatting and I
have an auto format report, but each time I refresh the column formatting
reverts back to wide cols. Is there a default that I can change?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you're using a pivot table AutoFormat, that includes column widths,
so when you refresh, the adjustments that you made are removed.

You could record a macro as you refresh the pivot table and adjust the
column widths. Then run that macro as required.

For information on macros, see David McRitchie's site:

Kathie wrote:
How do I retain or change the default column setting to retain my formatting
on refresh? I did change the options on the pivot to retain formatting and I
have an auto format report, but each time I refresh the column formatting
reverts back to wide cols. Is there a default that I can change?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html