Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Default Find last value

Hi

Column A has the month's dates which includes weekends.
Column B has a lookup formula with the lookup being the date, which
brings in values from another spreadsheet. There are only seldom values
brough in over weekends.
Column C has a daily budget

How do I find the date against which the last data was brought in by
the lookup?

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks for your help. guys.

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Not really clear Rob.

If B has a lookup on a date, exactly what date are you trying to determine?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brisbane Rob"
wrote in message
news:Brisbane.Rob.224ojz_1138087804.0682@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi

Column A has the month's dates which includes weekends.
Column B has a lookup formula with the lookup being the date, which
brings in values from another spreadsheet. There are only seldom values
brough in over weekends.
Column C has a daily budget

How do I find the date against which the last data was brought in by
the lookup?

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks for your help. guys.

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504327

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Hi Bob

The date is used to get the data from a corresponding date in another
spreadsheet. i.e. 1/20/06 will get a value from spreadsheet B which
also has dates for the month.

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504327

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Do you mean something like

=INDEX('Sheet B'!$A$1:$A$1000,MATCH(MAX('Sheet A'!B1:B200),'Sheet
B'!$B$1:$B$1000,0))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brisbane Rob"
wrote in message
news:Brisbane.Rob.2250tn_1138103703.8544@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi Bob

The date is used to get the data from a corresponding date in another
spreadsheet. i.e. 1/20/06 will get a value from spreadsheet B which
also has dates for the month.

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504327

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

No, Bob, I didn't explain myself well. If you have two colomns of data,
column A containing date values, and column B containing a lookup
formula, what formula can you use to find the last cell in column B
that contains a value, bearing in mind that there will be gaps in
column B (corresponding to the weekends)

Hope that's clearer.

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504327

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Thanks Bob, that seems to have done the trick. Now all I have to work
out is how to read the date in the column to its left!

Much appreciated