Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jsthngn

Default How do I apply my function to the entire column?

I have read through other posts and the language is way too "in depth" for me
to understand. I need to apply a function to an entire column without going
through each cell and entering it.

Example:
B2 is sale price, C2 is cost, D2 is profit. I need to continue this formula
down the entire sheet. There are other parts too, but if I can figure it out
on this level I can apply it to the rest.

One other question:
I have a varying number of entries for each month with a row at the bottom
for totals. Is there a way that I can add the entries as I go along moving
the "total" row down as I go?

P.S. I am no idiot, but not very experienced with this program. Please make
answers simple as related to the program.

Thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Select the cells in which you want to enter the formula. Type the
formula in the first cell and press Ctrl+Enter to fill the
selected cells with formula.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson