Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr

Default Simple Count formula required

Hi,

I need help on a simple formula, that's just irritating me. Basically I
would like to use the Count function on a list of data when the Autofilter is
on. For example, when I use the Subtotal function on the filtered results, it
only returns the total of the filtered items, yet when I use the Count
function it returns the total number of all the results, not just the
filtered ones.

Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

You have other options for the first argument of the SUBTOTAL function:

Function_Num Function
1 AVERAGE
2 COUNT
3 COUNTA
4 MAX
5 MIN
6 PRODUCT
7 STDEV
8 STDEVP
9 SUM
10 VAR
11 VARP

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi,

I need help on a simple formula, that's just irritating me. Basically I
would like to use the Count function on a list of data when the Autofilter is
on. For example, when I use the Subtotal function on the filtered results, it
only returns the total of the filtered items, yet when I use the Count
function it returns the total number of all the results, not just the
filtered ones.

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr

Thanks Ron,

As usual it was staring me in the face! Appreciate the help though.

Cheers,
Mike