Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hyeperlinks are going to the wrong images

I am creating a plant database of 800 varieties of plants in excel,
such as, sun exposure, height, scientific name, common name, ect..
ect.. and am linking each row to a picture of the specified plant. The
excell database is on a 256mb removable storage device as well as all
the pictures of the plant. I just got done hyperlinking the specified
rows to the coresponding picture of the plant. The links were going to
the right pictures at first but now for some reason they are not, it
seems to just takes me to other pictures but still the same picture
every time even though it is not the original. I did sort the
information recently into alphebetical order by scientific name first
(collum 1) and then by common name next (collum 2). I doubt
alphabetizing them messed up my links, because i can relink them to the
proper picture then insert a blank row above the row i just linked and
it takes me to the proper link.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

I doubt
alphabetizing them messed up my links, because i can relink them to the
proper picture then insert a blank row above the row i just linked and
it takes me to the proper link.

Sorting doesn't insert rows, so your test is not applicable. The sorting
messed up the links in a sense. If you sort back to original order, I
believe the links will be OK (the links shouldn't have moved).

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...