Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Harley

Default #NAME?

I sent a spread to a co-worker that has some simple calculations. Some of the
calculations are average and standard deviation of value from the same
worksheet, which display properly. However, I am converting some values from
a different worksheet from millimeters to inches and the value displays as
the #NAME? error. Is there a default setting that he needs to change? Also, I
am using xl97 and he is using xl2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

If you're sure the function names are spelled correctly, then it's likely
that the Analysis toolpak add-in is not enabled.

Try this:

ToolsAdd Ins
Check: Analysis Toolpak
(If you don't see it listed...you'll need to have it installed)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro