Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elnora

Default Showing the Grand Total on Data Labels

I am building a column chart where several components are shown in each
column. I would like to display a total at the top of each column, but do not
want to show the breakdown amounts of the component pieces. When I use data
labels, it only displays the components, but not the total. Is there a way to
display the total at the top of each column without showing data labels for
the components? (I still want to show the components as coloured segments on
each column, but I don't want the numbers to show there... just a grand total
at the top of each column.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Calculate the totals in your data, then add the totals to the
chart as a new series.
Right-click the Total series, and change the chart type to Line.
Right-click the Line, choose FormatSelected Data Series, and set the
Line to None and Markers to None
On the Data Labels tab, select Value, click OK
Right-click the Data Labels, choose FormatSelected Data Labels,
and select the Alignment tab
For Label Position, select Above
Click OK

--