Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kitchen Tune Up - Mario

Default how do the macros get data from te reference tables?

Microsoft Office Excel 2003. I have been trying desperately to find the
following info:

a) how the macros get data from the reference tables
b) how to find these tables which seem to be hidden from users
c) how to change some of the values used by the macros for calculations
d) how to find out which macro uses what table for these calculations

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Do you have a specific workbook in mind or just in general.

Are you sure you have macros?

Maybe just formulas referring to hiden sheets or ranges.

Tell us the name of the workbook and where you got it from(if downloaded, give
us a URL)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:40:03 -0800, "Kitchen Tune Up - Mario" <Kitchen Tune Up -
wrote:

Microsoft Office Excel 2003. I have been trying desperately to find the
following info:

a) how the macros get data from the reference tables
b) how to find these tables which seem to be hidden from users
c) how to change some of the values used by the macros for calculations
d) how to find out which macro uses what table for these calculations

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kitchen Tune Up - Mario

Thanks for the response. We are trying to unhide the referencetables from an
internal quoting program at our company that is in Excel format. We want to
change some of the values .

wrote:

Microsoft Office Excel 2003. I have been trying desperately to find the
following info:

a) how the macros get data from the reference tables
b) how to find these tables which seem to be hidden from users
c) how to change some of the values used by the macros for calculations
d) how to find out which macro uses what table for these calculations

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Mario

Data can be in hidden worksheets or hidden ranges.

Check the formulas you can see to find out what sheets and ranges they
reference.

Also check out InsertNamesDefine to see if you have names for ranges that may
be hidden.

If data not personal or sensitive, send me the file and I'll have a look at it.

To email me change the AT and DOT to the appropriate punctuation.

Do not attach files in postings to the news group.

Gord