Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dyukon

Default Remove dash in cell

How can I remove the dash in the following cell. A1 = 123-456-789 and
need to have the cell A1 as 123456789.

--
dyukon
dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30062

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BekkiM

Use Edit | Replace (Ctrl-H)

In "Find what" type the dash character
In "Replace with" leave it blank

Highlight all the cells (e.g., the row or column you're interested in -- if
a column, make sure you select "Options" and Search "By Columns" instead of
"By Rows") and select "Replace" (or "Replace All" if you're brave)

"dyukon" wrote:

How can I remove the dash in the following cell. A1 = 123-456-789 and
need to have the cell A1 as 123456789.

--
dyukon
dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30062
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502928

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi dyukon. Select all the cells with data and go to Edit - Replace and
replace - with nothing. Excel is going to think you now have a 6 digit
number so format the cells as text if that is what you want. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"dyukon" wrote:

How can I remove the dash in the following cell. A1 = 123-456-789 and
need to have the cell A1 as 123456789.

--
dyukon
dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30062
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502928

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

ASAP Utilities, a free Excel Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
standard feature called "Advanced Character Removal" that will do this nicely.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3