Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cowtoon

Default How do I find cells with linked content

When I open a spreadsheet, it says it contains links, but I don't think it
should. Is there a way to determine which cell(s) contain the links.
Thanks. Diana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ERR229

Well, it's not exactly an elegant solution, but try doing a Find for .xls.

In the Find dialog box, type .xls in the Find what field, then click Find
All. This will present you with a list of all the cells containing the Excel
file extension.

Hope that helps.
--
ERR229

"Cowtoon" wrote:

When I open a spreadsheet, it says it contains links, but I don't think it
should. Is there a way to determine which cell(s) contain the links.
Thanks. Diana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Cowtoon wrote:

When I open a spreadsheet, it says it contains links, but I don't think it
should. Is there a way to determine which cell(s) contain the links.
Thanks. Diana

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cowtoon

Well, that's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. However, on
doing such a search, it doesn't find any .xls results. Boooooooooooo.

"Cowtoon" wrote:

When I open a spreadsheet, it says it contains links, but I don't think it
should. Is there a way to determine which cell(s) contain the links.
Thanks. Diana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cowtoon

I'll have to give that a peek.

By the way, if it doesn't find any links ... any thoughts on what I should
do. I have several charts linked to this excel file, from Powerpoint and
Powerpoint just about goes into melt down, trying to update the links from
this and two other files that are reporting that they have links. It's a
little worrisome, to say the least.
Diana

Cowtoon wrote:

When I open a spreadsheet, it says it contains links, but I don't think it
should. Is there a way to determine which cell(s) contain the links.
Thanks. Diana

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't have any guesses if it fails. But don't get too far ahead of yourself.
Bill's program looks in spots that I wouldn't have even guessed existed!