Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SKA

Default How do I split a cell into multiple rows/columns?

In MS Word, one can use the "split cell" function to insert multiple rows
and/or columns into a single cell. I would like to do the same, but in
Excel. In this case, it is simply text that I am dealing with, no fancy
formulas or such.

So in one cell, I want the top part to span the width of the cell and say
"The Big Idea", and then immediately beneath that, have 3 columns that are
"children" of "The Big Idea" that say "Good", "Bad" and "Ugly".
I know I could do this using different Excel rows entirely and using the
"merge cell" function, but this does not look the same.

Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi SKA,
the only other option is type "The Big Idea" in the top leftmost cell
of the table, then click and drag so that the next two cells to the
right are also selected, then FormatCellsAlignmentselect Center
Across Selection in the Horizontal drop down list.
Also, maybe appropriate adjustment of cell borders will help you
achieve the desired result.
Ken Johnson