Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phrenchie

Default unable to read file

This message started last week on trying to open my Stockbook, 2.5 Mb,
regularly used and vital. Have trashed the prefs, logged out,
restarted, run Norton on the HD, run Disk repair....
Now getting message "file cannot be accessed, may be read only (it
isn't) or may be trying to access a read only location, or the server
it's stored on may not be responding".
Excel fine with all other files except one - which started also showing
"unable to read file", and now crashes the app as soon as I selct it
from the file open window....any ideas out there? I'm lost!!!And
desperate!!!

--
phrenchie
phrenchie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30526