Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rjc_29

Default #DIV/0! message

I am trying to create a formula for a percentage whereby the #DIV/0!
does not appear if the cell is left blank or is not calcuable.

I can work it out for a percentage change using the following :

=IF(C14=0,"not calculable",(C14-B14)/B14)

but I want it to work for example e4/d14 with values in d being 0 and e
being 1, then i get #DIV/0!

and also if the cells are left blank.

Any suggestions?

--
rjc_29
rjc_29's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3475

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Try

=IF(B14=0,"",IF(C14=0,"not calculable",(C14-B14)/B14))

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rjc_29"
wrote in message

I am trying to create a formula for a percentage whereby the
#DIV/0!
does not appear if the cell is left blank or is not calcuable.

I can work it out for a percentage change using the following :

=IF(C14=0,"not calculable",(C14-B14)/B14)

but I want it to work for example e4/d14 with values in d being
0 and e
being 1, then i get #DIV/0!

and also if the cells are left blank.

Any suggestions?