Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johnson748r

Default grouping data in pivot tables

I am trying to group some dates in a pivot table, however when I select the
field, right click and select "group", I get an error - "Can't group that
selection". I have checked that the field is formatted correctly (dates). Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

Make sure you have no blank rows in your Pivotdata range, and that you
have no blank cells in your date range. The data grouping wont work in
those cases.

Regards

Govind.

Johnson748r wrote:
I am trying to group some dates in a pivot table, however when I select the
field, right click and select "group", I get an error - "Can't group that
selection". I have checked that the field is formatted correctly (dates). Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am getting the same error. I've reformatted the dates various ways and I
get get my spreadsheet to group by quarters. I've tried rearranging my pivot
table, removed any blanks, etc. I've never had a problem like this come up
before. ANy suggestions?

"Johnson748r" wrote:

I am trying to group some dates in a pivot table, however when I select the
field, right click and select "group", I get an error - "Can't group that
selection". I have checked that the field is formatted correctly (dates). Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mac Mac is offline

If there are "Blank" elements in your pivot table, edit the source data to
eleminate them by either adding the word "Blank" or deleting. Refresh the
table and then try to group again.
--
TX-CPA