-   -   filtering repeat data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65293-filtering-repeat-data.html)

jessica juarez

filtering repeat data

i have a worksheet that contains a list of 46,000 phone numbers and I would
like to filter out the phone numbers that repeat more than 5 times but less
30 times. can someone please help.

Debra Dalgleish

filtering repeat data

You can use an Advanced Filter to extract the data. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

In the criteria area, leave the heading cell blank, and in the cell
below, enter a formula that counts the phone numbers. For example, with
phone numbers in column D:

=AND(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$46000,C2)5,COUNTIF($C$2:$C$4 6000,C2)<30)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Peo Sjoblom

filtering repeat data

While doing this you might want to check unique records only so you don't
get a list of all the duplicates as well (unless you want that of course)
Also Debra had a typo, she meant column C

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon