Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harksteve

Default Option Box Run Time Error Cell Locked

I have created option boxes that work great thanks to this forum. My
problem is when I enable "sheet protection" and click on the option box
I get a run time error that says "the cell is locked." I have formated
the cells in and around the option box as "not locked" and then enable
sheet protection.
Is this the result of some property in visual basic?

Thanks in advance

--
harksteve
harksteve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30483

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas

The cell the option box(es) are linked to is the culprit - you need to have
this cell unlocked.
If you also want it hidden, hide the column or format the cell as ;;;
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"harksteve" wrote
in message ...

I have created option boxes that work great thanks to this forum. My
problem is when I enable "sheet protection" and click on the option box
I get a run time error that says "the cell is locked." I have formated
the cells in and around the option box as "not locked" and then enable
sheet protection.
Is this the result of some property in visual basic?

Thanks in advance

--
harksteve
harksteve's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501511

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harksteve

Thanks Bob,

These unlocked cells still contain data which is both necessary to the
user
yet vulnerable to accidental overwrite? Is there a solution to this
problem?

Thanks again