-   -   data validation lists and invoices (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65289-data-validation-lists-invoices.html)

sarah1997

data validation lists and invoices

Is it possible to automatically populate a cell, for ex. "cost per
unit", when a selection is madde from a drop down list (data
validation) created from an inventory list of products? On my invoice I
want to have drop down box with all products, select product from list,
have price per unit automatically populated, enter manually number
used/sold, have formula calculate total price for total units...I just
can't figure out the auto population part. My product inventoru list
has about 250 items with varying prices. I copied the product list w/o
any prolems to the data validation part of the invoice. Any help/tips
advice welcome. Newbie.:)

--
sarah1997
sarah1997's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30498

Anne Troy

data validation lists and invoices

Hi, Sarah. I have an tutorial on just this thing.
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"sarah1997" wrote
in message ...

Is it possible to automatically populate a cell, for ex. "cost per
unit", when a selection is madde from a drop down list (data
validation) created from an inventory list of products? On my invoice I
want to have drop down box with all products, select product from list,
have price per unit automatically populated, enter manually number
used/sold, have formula calculate total price for total units...I just
can't figure out the auto population part. My product inventoru list
has about 250 items with varying prices. I copied the product list w/o
any prolems to the data validation part of the invoice. Any help/tips
advice welcome. Newbie.:)

--
sarah1997
sarah1997's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501507

Debra Dalgleish

data validation lists and invoices

You can use a VLookup formula to return the cost per unit when a product
is selected. There's information in Excel's Help, and he

And for instructions for a sample order form:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

sarah1997 wrote:
Is it possible to automatically populate a cell, for ex. "cost per
unit", when a selection is madde from a drop down list (data
validation) created from an inventory list of products? On my invoice I
want to have drop down box with all products, select product from list,
have price per unit automatically populated, enter manually number
used/sold, have formula calculate total price for total units...I just
can't figure out the auto population part. My product inventoru list
has about 250 items with varying prices. I copied the product list w/o
any prolems to the data validation part of the invoice. Any help/tips
advice welcome. Newbie.:)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List