Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
east

Default Excel CSV files

We use large CSV files to move data. recently added 3 blanks columns to end
of file for future use. Unless we add dummy char. to these columns Excel will
only upload 16 rows. We prefer not to put dummy char. in columsn only to have
the need to change them later. whats with the 16 row limit?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

I don't think there is a limit - if Excel sees that a column is empty
then it won't try to export it. Try putting a single space in Q1, R1
and S1 (or a heading) and see if that cures it.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Open it (select delimited, other and use the caret).

Save it as a new name *.csv.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Morefeus Direct

hi dave, on this file you said open it and select delimited now were can i
find this opption , can you be a bit more spacific with your directions with
me i'm new at this.

thanks
MJohnson

"Pete" wrote:

I don't think there is a limit - if Excel sees that a column is empty
then it won't try to export it. Try putting a single space in Q1, R1
and S1 (or a heading) and see if that cures it.

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Open excel
File|open
point at your .dat file.
On the first step of the text import wizard, you'll see two options--delimited
and fixed width.

Choose delimited.

Follow the rest of the wizard to import your file.