Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChronicTiger

Default Held dragging INDIRECT FUNCTION

Im using this function.........

INDIRECT($A$2 & "!Q1")

When I drag it down a column I want the Q to increment.

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q1"),,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*1)

When copied down will return references to:

Sheet!???Q1
Sheet!???R1
Sheet!???S1
Sheet!???T1
etc

Biff

"ChronicTiger" <u17652@uwe wrote in message news:5a5b756ad125f@uwe...
Im using this function.........

INDIRECT($A$2 & "!Q1")

When I drag it down a column I want the Q to increment.

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChronicTiger

Thanks I'll keep that one in my arsenal. I am also trying to modify your
equation to get it to return references to:

sheet!???Q1
sheet!???Q2
ect....

can you help with that?

Thanks Biff..................

Biff wrote:
Hi!

Try this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q1"),,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*1)

When copied down will return references to:

Sheet!???Q1
Sheet!???R1
Sheet!???S1
Sheet!???T1
etc

Biff

Im using this function.........

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try one of these:

=INDEX(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q:Q"),ROWS($1:1))

Biff wrote:
Hi!

Try this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q1"),,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*1)

When copied down will return references to:

Sheet!???Q1
Sheet!???R1
Sheet!???S1
Sheet!???T1
etc

Biff

Im using this function.........

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChronicTiger

Biff,

Your the man.

signed,
Mcfly

Biff wrote:
Hi!

Try one of these:

=INDEX(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q:Q"),ROWS($1:1))

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(A$2&"!Q1"),(ROWS($1:1)-1)*1,)

Biff

Thanks I'll keep that one in my arsenal. I am also trying to modify your
equation to get it to return references to:

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!