Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nomis-MCSE

Default Bingo Lottery Winning Numbers

Hiya at the place i work there is a Bingo Lottery Running
each player has 6 numbers from 1 to 49 and every week the bonus ball number
is used to see if anyone has won.

with over 40 people in this day and may weeks of play is there anyway of
just typing in the bonus ball number and have it highlight the same number
throughout whole listing for everyone. But remembering that there will be
many Bonus Ball numbers added of many weeks.

hope someone out there can help me with this one as ive tryed all sorts but
to na avail

Nomis-MCSE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

You can use conditional formatting.

Let's assume that your bonus numbers are in A1 thru A5 and the players
numbers are from B1 thru G40
Select all the players numbers (B1:G40) , then go to Format/Conditional
Formatting, next select "Formula is" from the drop down menu and in the
formula bar type:

=OR(B1=$A$1,B1=$A$2,B1=$A$3,B1=$A$4,B1=$A$5)
next choose the format for the highlight you want....say red font and Ok Ok.

HTH
JG