Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ebay801

Default excel newb needs some help making multiple sheets communicate for ecommerce project!

Hey All,

Quick intro, I sell clothes on eBay, and I am now switching to an excel
based listing tool. What I need to do is integrate the data that I
download into CSV format, to keep track of inventory in my excel sheet
that I currently have listed and sold, so that I know exactly how much
of a particular item I can put up. I have a good bite on this project
considering this is the first time I have used formulas in excel, but
it is a big one!

So what I have are 3 sheets. Current Inventory, Active, and Sold. Each
item will have a "Private ID" tag associated with it. So for instance,
my small abercrombie olive color jacket's private id = zso -- If you
look at my first sheet, I have columns to keep track of my inventory.
Total Inventory (the number of a particular item I start with), Running
(Auctions going), Sold, and available. To get my available number, I
take my Total Inventory minus Running + Sold (That tells me how many I
have available to list on eBay.)

So heres what I need to figure out. For the Sold column on the first
sheet for the abercrombie small cream jackets, I need to add up the
number of sold listings on sheet two, with "zsc" in the "private id"
column for example. (So cell D2 on the first sheet needs to = the sum
of zsc tags on sheet two in the private id column. Then I need to have
sheet 3 corrolate with sheet 1 cell C2, and add up the number of zsc
tags in the private id column on sheet 3.

You can view my inventory sheet I've been working on below.

www.highvoltagerims.com/clothes/invexample.xls

I would really appreciate any help you can give!

--
ebay801
ebay801's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30426

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ebay801

bump. been at it for like 5 hours now and i want to pull my hair out
ahhhhhhhh