Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duplicate workbooks

Default duplicate workbooks

I am not sure how this happened, but everytime I open a particular workbook,
it simultaneously opens another one. The workbook file that I want to open
is named PARD , but the two that open up are PARD:1 and PARD:2 .
Everything I do in one is mirrored in the other; it doesn't matter which one
I work in. There are no links present, and when I looked under the shared
workbook status, I am the only one using it. How do make this stop happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

Its because the workbook was opened in a new window earlier (to display
a copy of the workbook in another window) and saved that way. Go to the
workbook PARD:2 and close it using the 'x' in the right hand side of the
excel window (Not the 'x' on top, which would close the entire excel).
And then save it so that it would open only as one workbook from next time.

Regards

Govind.

Duplicate workbooks wrote:
I am not sure how this happened, but everytime I open a particular workbook,
it simultaneously opens another one. The workbook file that I want to open
is named PARD , but the two that open up are PARD:1 and PARD:2 .
Everything I do in one is mirrored in the other; it doesn't matter which one
I work in. There are no links present, and when I looked under the shared
workbook status, I am the only one using it. How do make this stop happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Click on the window you don't want anymore.

hit ctrl-w to close it

Save the workbook in that state.

--

Dave Peterson