Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcpotwor

Default COUNTIF Subtotal Function?

is there a countif for the subtotal function? I could like to perform a
countif on a list which I have autofiltered on. THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$2:$C$205),(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($C$2,ROW($C$2:$C $20)-MIN(ROW
($C$2:$C$20)),,))))

will count how many cells in C2:C20 are greater than 5 in a filtered list
adapt to fit

Peo Sjoblom

"jcpotwor" wrote in message
is there a countif for the subtotal function? I could like to perform a
countif on a list which I have autofiltered on. THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Range,ROW(Range)-MIN(ROW(Range)),0,1)),--(R
ange="Criteria"))

If your criteria is a numerical value, remove the quotes.

Hope this helps!

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Excel countif function bkcthecat Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 13th 05 04:57 PM
countif function etan Excel Worksheet Functions 5 February 7th 05 12:55 AM
The countif function in Excel 2002. Lounsbud Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 22nd 04 03:19 PM
hOW TO USE THE AND OPERATOR WITH THE COUNTIF FUNCTION Marty Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 11th 04 09:45 PM