Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Muraliraj Menon

Default Activating bold function takes time

I have a PC which is having Office XP installed in it.

When i try to make a text in a cell bold the first time in any worksheet, it
takes aprroximately 4-5 mins, but the very next moment if i want to make
another cell bold, it happens as normal. can u help with the reason why it so
happens & is there any solution for the same. I also tried reinstalling
Office (different version) twice after removing the previous installed
version but the problem is still persisting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think I've read posts that say that when this kind of thing happens, it's
usually because the current printer is a network printer.

If you change to a different (local) printer, does it work faster?

You may want to install a printer driver for that "local" printer--even if you
don't have a physical printer to connect to.

Another thing you could test is getting a new printer driver from the
manufacturer's site.

--

Dave Peterson

=NOW() Time Function. I want this to be live! Gareth Evans Excel Worksheet Functions 7 August 11th 05 10:11 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
"Manual calculation" takes less time. Why? Kjetil Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 7th 05 12:28 AM
Calculating Time in XP takes forever Dan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 22nd 04 10:06 PM
Date & Time function Tracy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 6th 04 12:48 AM