Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vafa Ashrafi

Default datefmt

how it works in excel "=datefmt()"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Where did you find that? It is not one of the built-in Excel functions (at
least not in the English version)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Vafa Ashrafi" <Vafa wrote in message
how it works in excel "=datefmt()"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vafa Ashrafi

Hi Niek

it was on a excel work sheet that i had already on my pc and this function
convert genral text to date format as =datefmt(a1), and it works also !!!

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Where did you find that? It is not one of the built-in Excel functions (at
least not in the English version)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Vafa Ashrafi" <Vafa wrote in message
how it works in excel "=datefmt()"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Probably it is a User defined Function (UDF)
Press F5 and type datefmt in the Reference box. If it is a UDF it will take
you to the VB Editor and show the code (if it is not protected in some way)
If you're lucky, it has some documentation in the code or the code is
somewhat self-explanatory. Otherwise post it here, if it's not too big

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten