Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LucasBuck

Default Gradebook Help Please

Not sure if this is possible. Let's say I made a gradebook set up like
this

Test 1 Test 2 Test 3
Possible Earned
1 Bob 10 10 4
25 24
2 Cindy 10 9 5
25 24
3 Sally 10 - 5
15 15
4
5 Possible 10 10 5

In other words I want it to figure each students possible, with a blank
or - being an absent, and not counted as a 0 in the possible for the
student. I guess it would have to somehow eliminate that value when
adding up test possible point, IF that student didn't take the test.
Hope that wasn't too confusing. It would just have to add the row 5,
but if it found a - in each students grades, it would have to remove
that value.

--
LucasBuck
LucasBuck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19710

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LucasBuck

That was confusing, how about this:

add up everything in A1:H1 which would be points earned
add up everything in A15:H15 which would be points possible

But if a student missed a test, and it showed up as a - in lets say,
C1, it would go down to C15 and deduct that from the points possible.
(If this is too hard, I'll just make them all work the same points)

--
LucasBuck
LucasBuck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19710
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500302

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keithl816

You could create a new row under each name then under the test numbers
put something like this in it , This example assumes that the first
test number is in b2 and the possible number is in b8.

=SUM(B8)*COUNTIF(B2,"0")

Change the cells to the cells you are using

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Where are you getting the values to add to the "Possible" cell?

RD

"LucasBuck" wrote
in message ...

That was confusing, how about this:

add up everything in A1:H1 which would be points earned
add up everything in A15:H15 which would be points possible

But if a student missed a test, and it showed up as a - in lets say,
C1, it would go down to C15 and deduct that from the points possible.
(If this is too hard, I'll just make them all work the same points)

--
LucasBuck
LucasBuck's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500302

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Try something like this:
=SUM(A1:H1)
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:H1)=TRUE),A15:H15)
if a cell in A1:H1 is "-" (text) then the sumproduct will not add the
corresponding value in A15:H15

Hope this helps!
JG