Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
G Cole

Default Sub total sorting

For a data range of a 1000 sales records I am using the Sub-total and Count
functions under the data tab. Excel then adds the summary buttons like 1,2,3
to show the various roll up views, with 1 being the grand total view, 2 is
the count and subtotal view, and 3 being all detail with counts and subtotal.
I need to sort the Sub totals (view 2) by high and low and if I try to do a
sort I get all the detail.

I have tried to copy view 2 to another worksheet and it brings all the
detail too.
How can I work with just the Sub totals and Counts ? Thank you for any help!

Excel 2003