Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joel

Default Wrapping a date in excel

in my cell if the date detup as the following ddd/dd/mm/yyyy (tue/10/2006 now
that is to big for the cell so i end up having to make the colum wider. What
I want to achieve is the day at the t op of the cell and the date underneath
it like it is wrappped. It doesn't matter how tall i make the cell it makes
no difference

When I wrap the cell and reduce the width the # sign because it won't all
fit in the cell. can anyone please help

--
N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

You can do it in another cell (assume your original cell is A1) with
=TEXT(A1,"ddd") & " " & TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy")
and formatting the cell with wrapping.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Joel€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

in my cell if the date detup as the following ddd/dd/mm/yyyy (tue/10/2006 now
that is to big for the cell so i end up having to make the colum wider. What
I want to achieve is the day at the t op of the cell and the date underneath
it like it is wrappped. It doesn't matter how tall i make the cell it makes
no difference

When I wrap the cell and reduce the width the # sign because it won't all
fit in the cell. can anyone please help

--
N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joel

Thank you stefi

So once I have done that for a1 I can dragg it over the next 365 cells to
get a yeaar?
--
N/A

"Stefi" wrote:

You can do it in another cell (assume your original cell is A1) with
=TEXT(A1,"ddd") & " " & TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy")
and formatting the cell with wrapping.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Joel€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

in my cell if the date detup as the following ddd/dd/mm/yyyy (tue/10/2006 now
that is to big for the cell so i end up having to make the colum wider. What
I want to achieve is the day at the t op of the cell and the date underneath
it like it is wrappped. It doesn't matter how tall i make the cell it makes
no difference

When I wrap the cell and reduce the width the # sign because it won't all
fit in the cell. can anyone please help

--
N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Of course!
Stefi

€˛Joel€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

You can do it in another cell (assume your original cell is A1) with
=TEXT(A1,"ddd") & " " & TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy")
and formatting the cell with wrapping.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Joel€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

in my cell if the date detup as the following ddd/dd/mm/yyyy (tue/10/2006 now
that is to big for the cell so i end up having to make the colum wider. What
I want to achieve is the day at the t op of the cell and the date underneath
it like it is wrappped. It doesn't matter how tall i make the cell it makes
no difference

When I wrap the cell and reduce the width the # sign because it won't all
fit in the cell. can anyone please help

--
N/A

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefi View Post
You can do it in another cell (assume your original cell is A1) with
=TEXT(A1,"ddd") & " " & TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy")
and formatting the cell with wrapping.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Joel€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

in my cell if the date detup as the following ddd/dd/mm/yyyy (tue/10/2006 now
that is to big for the cell so i end up having to make the colum wider. What
I want to achieve is the day at the t op of the cell and the date underneath
it like it is wrappped. It doesn't matter how tall i make the cell it makes
no difference

When I wrap the cell and reduce the width the # sign because it won't all
fit in the cell. can anyone please help

--
N/A
Hi - I'm using 2010 and tried this but I didn't get a line break between the day and date. Is there another something to put between to tell Excel to go to the next line within the cell?
Anne