Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tonya

Default alphabetizing rows automatically

In excel how do I get my rows under column A to automatically alphabetize
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas

Right/click the sheet tab, select View Code, enter this:
If Target.Column = 1 Then
Columns(1).Sort key1:=Range("A1"), order1:=xlAscending,
header:=xlGuess

"tonya" wrote in message
In excel how do I get my rows under column A to automatically alphabetize

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
neopolitan

Select all cells containing data (for example: A2-G25).
Click on DataSort and then specify to "Sort On" Col A and "Ascending".

--
neopolitan

neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499403

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

I think you need to give us some more details about your data and what you
want sorted.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

In excel how do I get my rows under column A to automatically alphabetize

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html
from Debra Dalgleish's site.

It's automatic after you click a rectangle.