Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve

Default contents in cells are not visible when word wrap is selected

It appears the profile or standard template for excel has been changed on my
machine. Spreadsheets I worked on earlier this week that contained cells
with word wrap as well as new spreadsheets I create have the same problem...
When using word wrap, the contents of the cell "disapear" but are still
visible in the formula bar. I've removed all formating and unchecked any
cell formats with no success. I've checked all the file, edit, view, ect.
settings for anything that appears to be unusual. Any sugestions would be
appreciated... my IT department cannot look at my machine for another couple
of days!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

One way of having text visible in the formula bar but not in the cell is
setting the font color the same as the cell background color. The text will
be 'invisible"

Make sure this is not the case.
--
Gary's Student

"Steve" wrote:

It appears the profile or standard template for excel has been changed on my
machine. Spreadsheets I worked on earlier this week that contained cells
with word wrap as well as new spreadsheets I create have the same problem...
When using word wrap, the contents of the cell "disapear" but are still
visible in the formula bar. I've removed all formating and unchecked any
cell formats with no success. I've checked all the file, edit, view, ect.
settings for anything that appears to be unusual. Any sugestions would be
appreciated... my IT department cannot look at my machine for another couple
of days!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can see some of the text, but it just seems to fade away???

If you add alt-enters (to force a new line within the cell) every 80-100
characters, you'll be able to see more.