Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ctm59

Default random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

Is there any way to randomly assign experimental subjects to one of 4
treatment groups using Excel program? (I have the added software called
analyse-it, too.
Can't seem to figure out if this is possible with Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeroen

heya,

Can you please be more specific to what you are actually intending?
--
Jeroen van Nieuwkerk

"ctm59" wrote:

Is there any way to randomly assign experimental subjects to one of 4
treatment groups using Excel program? (I have the added software called
analyse-it, too.
Can't seem to figure out if this is possible with Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ctm59

Hi,

An example of what I'm trying to do is to take a group of experimental
subjects, which I have numbered from 1-20, and assign them randomly to one of
4 treatment groups. I can do this with SAS, but I want to be able to do this
within Excel, if it's possible, because I'd REALLY like to get away from SAS.
Do you know how to do this?
thanks!

"ctm59" wrote:

Is there any way to randomly assign experimental subjects to one of 4
treatment groups using Excel program? (I have the added software called
analyse-it, too.
Can't seem to figure out if this is possible with Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

assume the list is in A1 to A20

in B1 enter
=rand()
then drag fill down to B20, sort A1:B20 using column B as key 1.

take A1:A5 for group1, A6:A10 for group2 and so forth.

Tom Ogilvy