Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JustMe602

Default Merging two columns of data

I have 2 columns of data.

I would like to merge the contents but I don't want to erase any of the
data in either one of them.

Can I do this easily?

Thanks.
JustMe.

--
JustMe602
JustMe602's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27854

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonathan Cooper

use a helper column.

assuming you want to merge a1 with b1 (and a space in the middle), use the
following formula.

=A1&" "&B1
or
=concatenate(a1," ",b1)

"JustMe602" wrote:

I have 2 columns of data.

I would like to merge the contents but I don't want to erase any of the
data in either one of them.

Can I do this easily?

Thanks.
JustMe.

--
JustMe602
JustMe602's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27854
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498801

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Assuming your data is in A:A and B:B. In cell C1,

=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

Copy down the column.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JustMe602

Thanks.

JustMe.

--
JustMe602
JustMe602's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27854
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498801

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JustMe602

Is there a way to actually move the data without a formula...

Cause I want later to seperate them out again.

Client City, State ZIP From MAITLAND F L 3XXX1 To
IRVINE CA 9XXX2
Client Business phone From 555-XXX-XX4 0 To
999-XXX-0XX1
Client Fax Number From 555-XXX-XX3 0 To
999-XXX-0XX6
Client Address line 0 From C/O CLIENT N AME To
INTERNATIONAL

So what I need to do is pull the information back together then put the
from in one column and the to in another column. As well as the first
part the identifier of the information.