Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brad

Default File automatically opens

Hi, early last year I somehow had my 2005 sales report file automatically
open anytime I opened a new instance of excel, which is what I wanted. Now
that its 2006, I no longer need this file to open automatically. For the life
of me cannot remember how I created this automation and have no idea how to
stop it. I have checked the XLStart folder, no files located there. I have
also checked under Tools-options- General- alternative start file and
nothing is listed there either. Hopefully someone can help as I am totally
confused. I'm familiar with VBA as well, but don't recall if this is
something I setup in VBA. I'm using Office 2003. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vijay

It is probably an ADDIN that you have to disable.

Check the entries under Tools--AddIns

See if there is entry for the file in question (and it is probably checked).
Uncheck this and click OK. This should solve your issue.