Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Default Leading zero with fractions

I have one column which is formatted to show inches and fractions of an inch.
1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 and so on up to 15/16. It works perfectly except that I
want it to show a leading zero when the fraction is smaller than one inch. eg
0 15/16, not 15/16. Is there any way to format the cell to do that?.
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Thank you for the information. It works fine. I didn't realise you could edit
the custom samples.
--
Mike

"Mike" wrote:

I have one column which is formatted to show inches and fractions of an inch.
1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 and so on up to 15/16. It works perfectly except that I
want it to show a leading zero when the fraction is smaller than one inch. eg
0 15/16, not 15/16. Is there any way to format the cell to do that?.
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I'm not sure you can edit the built-in custom formats--but you can surely use
them as a basis for your own custom format (kind of a semantic thing, though).