Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PatNM

Default My "edit line" is missing from Excel 2000.

When I open an Excel spreadsheet, there is no "edit line." That means I have
to make all corrections in the cells, making it necessary to retype all
information in the cell. How can I restore the "edit line" in Excel
(Microsoft Office 2000)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Pat,
Click on View in the menu bar then select Formula bar.
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keithl816

If you are talking about the formula bar go to Tools/Options/View

Under Show put a check in the formula bar box.

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

I assume by "edit line" you mean the Formula Bar. Go to the Tools
menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There, ensure that
"Formula bar" is checked.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson