Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip

Default File in use Dialog box

When I open a file that is opened on the network by someone else it is not
giving me the correct name of who has the file open. Where does the name it
is giving me come from?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I believe that it is the value in ToolsOptionsGeneral - User name. To make
any use of this you have to ensure people properly maintain it.

--

HTH

RP