Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

Default Quick view of Cell References??

Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that
reference a particular cell?

For example-
If Sheet2!B3 is being used in 10 different formulas in 10 different cells,
can I see that without manually checking?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

BTW, I thought Trace Dependents would work, however the arrows weren't to
helpful, and it looks like it only traces on the current active worksheet, I
need one to go across all worksheets.
A list would be a lot easier to use then arrows.

"Mariano" wrote:

Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that
reference a particular cell?

For example-
If Sheet2!B3 is being used in 10 different formulas in 10 different cells,
can I see that without manually checking?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ERR229

Sorry, saw your second post after I replied with the Trace Dependents answer.
Another possibility is to use Find All (in the Find dialog box). This isn't
perfect, since you have to know whether to include absolute references or
not, but it may get you started.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any information function that would do what
you want.

There may be a VBA solution.

--
ERR229

"Mariano" wrote:

Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that
reference a particular cell?

For example-
If Sheet2!B3 is being used in 10 different formulas in 10 different cells,
can I see that without manually checking?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

Thanks for the quick response....
Yea I haven't been able to find anything to do the trick yet either...
suprising that this isn't more readily available. It could be really useful.

"Mariano" wrote:

Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that
reference a particular cell?

For example-
If Sheet2!B3 is being used in 10 different formulas in 10 different cells,
can I see that without manually checking?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

As you say, when you use "Trace Dependents", an arrow appears to represent
dependencies on other sheets. Point at this arrow with the mouse (the arrow
itself, not the icon at its head) and the cursor will change from the normal
thich cross to a pointer. Double-click, and the "Go To" window will appear
with a list of all these dependencies on other sheets.

Of course, you can select any one and Go To it from here if you wish.
Hope this helps.
Stephen