Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brom0910

Default Auto input days of week

Hi, I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet where users enter new months
date in cell A1, I have worked out how to auto input dates down the
rest of column A but need to fill in days of week in column B. I'm
trying to automate process as not all users proficient with excel. It
needs to work for any month. Any help would be much appriciated.

--
brom0910
brom0910's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27416

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Custom format Column B to:
ddd OR dddd
Then, in B1, enter
=A1
--
HTH,

RD

"brom0910" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet where users enter new months
date in cell A1, I have worked out how to auto input dates down the
rest of column A but need to fill in days of week in column B. I'm
trying to automate process as not all users proficient with excel. It
needs to work for any month. Any help would be much appriciated.

--
brom0910
brom0910's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498071

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

How about something like this:

=TEXT(WEEKDAY(A3),"ddd") copied down
for all week days

or

=IF(AND(WEEKDAY(A3)1,WEEKDAY(A3)<7),TEXT(WEEKDAY( A3),"ddd"),"")
week days only, no weekend days

or simply
=A3 with cells formatted as "ddd"

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

If column A contains a calculated date that Excel recognizes as a date,
you can either...
1. Format the date cells in column A to show the day name as well as
the date, or
2. Add a formula to the cells in column B that simply reference column
A, then custom format that cell with "ddddd" to show the day only in
that column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:50:55 -0600, brom0910
wrote:

Hi, I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet where users enter new months
date in cell A1, I have worked out how to auto input dates down the
rest of column A but need to fill in days of week in column B. I'm
trying to automate process as not all users proficient with excel. It
needs to work for any month. Any help would be much appriciated.

In column B:

B2: =A2

Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: dddd

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brom0910

Thanks guys for your info - tried them all & all worked fine. great
job..