Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ltat42a

Default Auto copy data from 1 sheet into another

Is this possible?

I have a spreadsheet with over 30 worksheets in it. Each sheet is
individualized with names and personal information in it. I have a
summary worksheet that lists everyone's name and a running total of
numeric values.

I need a new worksheet that I can use to type names into a list.
As I type in the person's name, can excel pull the running total value
from the summary sheet?

Example:

Name Number
John Doe 8 (value from summary worksheet cell:B7)
Jane Doe 36 "" "" cell:B8
Mary Doe 80 "" "" Cell:B9
etc Cell:B10
etc cell:B11
etc cell:b12

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

It sounds like you could use =vlookup().

If that summary worksheet looks like a table, it should work.

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: