Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChipCarlton

Default How to share info from one file to another?

I am wondering how I can share something perhaps from a cell of "file 1"
to "file 2." I am familiar with how to do it from worksheet to
worksheet within a single file. From what I have heard I know that it
can be done but both files have to be located in the same folder.
Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me briefly how it can be done.
I appologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks Chip Carlton

--
ChipCarlton
ChipCarlton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27808

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Open both workbooks.

Select the "sending" cell in the first workbook's worksheet
Edit|copy

select the "receiving" cell in the second workbook's worksheet
edit|paste special|click Paste link.