Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gee

Default Shift Cells Up

I have a couple of columns in which I am comparing data and a formula that
runs true or false on the right most column. Where it returns false I have
inserted a blank line to separate that cell entry, but I then need to shift
cells up or down to run the formula again in the rest of he spreadsheet,
however I am not getting the option when I right click to shift cells - can
anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bob777

Could you put conditional formatting on the first 2 columns so that when
column 3 indicates false, the cells in cols 1 and 2 are coloured red....

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gee

No because I the rest of the data is out of zinc to run the formula. I need
the option to shift cells up so the data is aligned again ro run the formula.
I've done this before but am just not getting the option shift cells.

"bob777" wrote:

Could you put conditional formatting on the first 2 columns so that when
column 3 indicates false, the cells in cols 1 and 2 are coloured red....

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497881

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wasim

in a cell when i give the slanted lines from borders it skips some space
above and they donot fit to corners
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R.VENKATARAMAN

I am not sure whethr I have understood you.
if you highlight a cell and righ clcik and click enter
in the <insert window you can click <shift cells down and ok it
in this case only this cell is shifted down other cells in the row remain as
they are.
But if you want the entire row is to be shifted down click in the <insert
window
click <entire row and ok it.
mine excel 2000