Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roz

Default Tab in a cell

Hey all! You know how in excel if you tab, you go to the next cell to
the right? How can I tab in a cell, to make an indent? I also have a
weird problem with this particular cell (maybe it is due to me spacing
instead of tabbing...) In a cell, I have 3 paragraphs of written
information. The last three lines however just keep going to the
right, instead of wrapping, like I have this cell formatted to do. Any
thoughts on how to resolve either of these problems?

--
Roz
Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29746

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Roz

Take a look at
FormatCellsAlignmentIndent

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Roz wrote
Hey all! You know how in excel if you tab, you go to the next cell to
the right? How can I tab in a cell, to make an indent? I also have a
weird problem with this particular cell (maybe it is due to me spacing
instead of tabbing...) In a cell, I have 3 paragraphs of written
information. The last three lines however just keep going to the
right, instead of wrapping, like I have this cell formatted to do.
Any thoughts on how to resolve either of these problems?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roz

Thanks, that does indent, but it indents the whole thing. I just want
the first sentance of the paragraph indented...I'll try to keep playing
with it.

--
Roz
Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497621

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Tabbing within the cell isn't really supported in excel.

You could use:
=a1&char(9)&b1
(=Char(9) is the tab character)

But it won't work like you want. Instead, you'll see a little square.

If you add some alt-enters (=char(10)) every 80-100 characters, then I bet the
value in that cell starts looking better.

Roz wrote:

Hey all! You know how in excel if you tab, you go to the next cell to
the right? How can I tab in a cell, to make an indent? I also have a
weird problem with this particular cell (maybe it is due to me spacing
instead of tabbing...) In a cell, I have 3 paragraphs of written
information. The last three lines however just keep going to the
right, instead of wrapping, like I have this cell formatted to do. Any
thoughts on how to resolve either of these problems?

--
Roz
Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497621

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay

Thanks, that does indent, but it indents the whole thing. I just want
the first sentence of the paragraph indented...I'll try to keep playing
with it.

One way is to use several spaces (rather than a tab character). It's not
elegant, but maybe it suits your need.