Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DTS

Default Hello all, I need help with an erased sheet!

Here's my problem: I use an excel sheet to complete daily work at my
business, basically a balance sheet showing deposits, sales, etc.
Rather than merely using the "Blank Sheet" file for the new month of
Jan, the Dec06 file was opened, cleaned off and made ready for a new
month of work. The issue with this is that he did not rename the file
and saved the blank sheet as Dec06. The backup copy of this sheet is on
a disk that, of course, is corrupted. I've spent 6 hours using various
recovery programs and have only gotten pieces of a couple other months,
and they aren't useful at all to me.

Does Excel (the 2000 version) rewrite over the old sheet when a file is
saved, or is my original version of the spreadsheet still on the C drive
somewhere?

I appreciate your time, and thanks for any help you can give me!

--
DTS
DTS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30077