Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sprite8

Default Text Management

I have a SS that I want to link to another. The other spreadsheet would
have simply notes that would be regularly updated. Using the hyperlink
functionality would there be a better way to do this i.e. with say, Word?
I'm thinking long term text managment...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I guess it kinda-sorta depends on what exactly you're trying to do.
Personally, I prefer to keep everything within one Excel Workbook, and put
things on other Worksheets, and hiding them or not, depending on my need.
You can of course hyperlink to other Excel Workbooks and/or Word files if you
wish. That just requires that you have some control over where they are and
if you can keep MIS from their inevitible "changing of the directory names"
mode, which would invalidate your hyperlinks.

hth
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sprite8" wrote:

I have a SS that I want to link to another. The other spreadsheet would
have simply notes that would be regularly updated. Using the hyperlink
functionality would there be a better way to do this i.e. with say, Word?
I'm thinking long term text managment...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sprite8

Thanks Chuck - that's along the lines of what I was looking for -